Which apps & actions could help you with your file handling ?

pdf merger

merge various pdf documents to one > rename new one

(needs array of files)

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wappwolf SupportAdminWappwolf Support (CoFounder, Wappwolf) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JJJJ commented  · 

This would be great. What would be perfect for me:

1. Drop several jpegs into a folder. After a 30 second grace period, they're all merged into 1 PDF that lands in the results folder.

2. A table of contents page is created on the first page, with live links to each page/jpeg within the PDF.

3. The links in the TOC are the filenames of the jpegs.

4. Within the trigger folder is another folder called “Append”. If this folder contains a PDF file, a new PDF is not created when more jpegs are dropped into the trigger folder. Instead, the jpegs are appended to the existing PDF, and the TOC is updated. If Append folder is empty, a new PDF is created.

5. The Append folder is only allowed to contain 1 or 0 PDFs (or, only most recently modified PDF is considered, and all other files ignored).

6. Word documents, PDFs, and other eligible files would be handled the same way jpegs are handled -- they would be merged or appended also.

(But the main use for me would be archiving jpegs, my less-important photos that I want to keep but toss away into my Evernote attic/archive.)

I would use a feature like this constantly. I generate so many photos and screenshots that I want to keep but that aren't important enough to carefully sort into albums and such -- they just need to go in the shoebox in the digital attic in case i need to search for them in the future.

• Jared MorganJared Morgan commented  · 

Everything put into one folder in a 10 second time period is merged?

• Jared MorganJared Morgan commented  · 

Us users would need to flag what to merge, but the easiest way would be to merge files put in a folder into one PDF that outputs to another folder. I would pay for this service, it is a continuous pain. We take pics of buildings to insure them and there are no non-mac automator ways to easily combine and resize jpg to PDF.

Feedback and Knowledge Base